At Louise Jane School of Dance, classes are offered in Imperial Classical Ballet, Modern Theatre Dance, Tap, Commercial and Acrobatic Arts.
We follow the ISTD (Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing) syllabus in the majority of our classes as well as non syllabus work.
Students are encouraged to take ISTD examinations if they would like to. The examination structure of the ISTD is designed to cater equally for those who wish to progress to making dance their profession, either as a performer or dance teacher, and for those pursuing dance purely as a leisure activity.
So far at Louise Jane School of Dance, we have 100% pass rate with all students receiving 80% and above for their examinations.
Louise Jane School of Dance are always pleased to take part in local events and festivals.
Benefits of dancing
- Improves confidence and self esteem
- Helps improve flexibility and strength to keep muscles and joints healthy
- Dance helps you learn about your body, improving posture and balance
- Taking time out to learn something new can help reduce stress levels
- Dance offers an insight into different cultures, through dance itself or meeting new people
- It’s a fun and enjoyable way to keep fit and healthy
- Dancing releases stress and tension and helps release ‘Happy Endorphins’
- You meet new friends and create life long friendships